You Could Have It So Much Better review by Franz Ferdinand

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Franz Ferdinand: You Could Have It So Much Better

It is amazing the sound that this record has. The impression that it gives me on songs such as "The Fallen" is a Beatles sound mixed with a Jim Morisson kind of voice. The riffs in the new CD are more catchy using single string picking rather than using mostly power chords on their first CD. Many of the songs though sound alot like the first CD. This new addition is a more rounded out cd though when first listening to it, you don't hear that one song that just says "single" to you. All in all it is a CD that everyone should buy. It is enough like the old CD for former fans to be interested but Franz Ferdinand also opens up the door to new listeners.

The overall lyrics are pretty creative and goes along pretty well with the flow of the song. The only downfall I see to the lyrical aspect of the CD is that there is a lot of repeating the same phrase over and over just to get the song past the three minute mark.

Overall, this CD is well rounded out and is a must for all people who love the classic rock sound. This is the one band (other that Jet) who have that classic rock feel to them and I am glad to finally hear some new music with that sound. The most impressive songs that I find on the album are the upbeat songs "The Fallen" and "What You Meant" along with the slower song "Walk Away." All in all this has a very good mix or slow and upbeat songs making it a must on anyones christmas list.