You Could Have It So Much Better review by Franz Ferdinand

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Franz Ferdinand: You Could Have It So Much Better

Franz Ferdinand have moved away from a winning formula with the sound of their second offering, I thought this could have been a hideous mistake, but alas it was not. This album not just equals the self-titled debut, but improves on it. The riffs in this album are excellent, especially in I'm Your villain and This Boy. Like in the brilliance that is Take Me Out from the first album, there are a few tempo changes to keep things interesting. Kapranos uses his guitar in perfect conjunction with his band members to create an entrawling sound that is consistant throughout.

The lyrics are much deeper in this album from the last, and take a leaf from Killers' book by using much more personal experence. Songs like Well That Was Easy and Outsiders does this well. Kapranos sings well again.

How do you choose standout songs on this album? All 13 tracks are musical genius. If I had to choose a few, they would have to be The Fallen, for brilliant lyrics, What You Meant, for a great catchy tune, Eleanor Put Your Boots Back On, for being a great varient in the album and Walk Away for sheer Franz inspired emotion. This is a class album, and is so good, I think it could even cure the most hard-core of chavs (that's how good it is). Franz Ferdinand are coming to Nottingham in November, and I'm definately going to be there.