You Could Have It So Much Better review by Franz Ferdinand

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Franz Ferdinand: You Could Have It So Much Better

This album is still as good as Franz Ferdinand's self-titled debut album, with the same good guitar riffs and techniques, but this time round, I think the drumming has improved a lot, and the music, like good music, is catchy and easy to listen to. The music variety hasn't changed much, but the stuff that you'll find here can be both similar and refreshing at the same time, so if you liked the first album, do have a listen at this, it's equally good and deserves to be heard.

Once again, like their previous album, I don't think Franz Ferdinand's lyrics are that much special, "You could have it so much better" moves away a bit from sex, and the lyrics here have certainly improved, but not by far. So if you're listening to the album, stick to the music, the lyrics aren't excactly brilliant, but it's aceptable.

"You could have it so much better" definitely have great songs in it, like "Do you want to","This boy", "Walk away", are real greats, the majority of the music is catchy, the others may take a little bit more time to adjust to, but once you do, this album will truly show it's real worth-which is a remarkable, memorable music adventure, Franz Ferdinand is the band that's gonna get UK music the respect they deserve.

ilovemyepi
    alexeipaish wrote: hengler wrote: I think he just means it's a similar style, rather than they played exactly the same thing. It's a good album, though not quite as good imo as some reviews make it out to be. Personal favourite track is The Fallen. Do you mean emo, cause Franz Ferdinand is definantly not an emo band.
    he means IMO, which means "in my opinion"
    mental_zer0
    i'm torn between this and the first album. They were both great. Their self-titled is good for the, i guess, stranger sound, but YCHISMB is nice and has some great tunes. I dont know...
    chris_lol
    Hate to agee with everyone else but 'The Fallen' really is the best song ive heard in months!