For The Term Of Their Unnatural Lives Review

Frenzal Rhomb: For The Term Of Their Unnatural Lives
Released: Mar 29, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Punk Rock
The new CD features all the hits they've been keeping from you for years, including the band?s first ever EP Dick Sandwich.
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
For The Term Of Their Unnatural Lives Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 28, 2005

Sound: To start with, this is not a new album with new songs, it's a new album with remastered early recordings released by their own record label how much did I f--king pay for this records. And if you have a short attension span I wouldn't bother reading this cause I know it's gunna be boring as hell. So anyway Frenzal Rhomb play punk rock and pop punk but this is their early stuff so its harder than their recent. They are my favourite band but I hear alot of people haven't hearn of them in the US. They released this because Dick Sandwich and Coughing Up A Storm (albums most songs were taken from) were very rare these days. They wanted to digitalise them because the originals had "The Doona Effect" which the critics came up with when they realised it sounded like it was recorded under a doona. I love this CD, it's been in my CD player for about a month. It has all the best songs including: (song names in caps and descriptions in brackets) Richer Than You, Chemotherapy, Home And Away (yes it is a cover of the Shitty Show), Genius, Fraud, Run, Suburban Male, Dont Speak, Sick And Tired, Dudadugabowbow (I think your really nice but I don't wanna f--k you), 4 Litres, Cones, Kaan Kaant, F--k The System (how can I f--k the system when I just can't get it up), Cant Trust A Redneck, Phil (you only like me when your stoned), Why Arent You Dead (if you can't live without me why aren't you dead), Doctor Lindemans Family Adventure Theme Park World, We Built This City (on rock and roll), Baby Wont You Hold Me In Your Arm, Might As Well Be Dunkled, When The People Speak (a harder side of Frenzal where the drummer sings) and Gambling Vomit Sleeping In The Bin. Now I know I pretty much just described the whole songlist but thats how much I love this album. It has 32 tracks and theyre all all great. Let me remind you this isnt a best of its a re-release or 2 rare albums on one CD. I give it a 5 out of 5 for the songs but only 3 out of 5 for the recording because the doona effect is still there. So average 4 out of 5. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics in this song are genious. Some funny and some serious. It all works great with the music. Only one thing some poeple won't like, the singer has a touch of an Australian accent but after you get used to it you will love it. Sorry about the shortness of the lyrics thing but hey what am I meant to say, it all gold. // 8

Overall Impression: This is my new tied favourite Frenzal CD (yes I really like Frenzal Rhomb) with meet the family, another goldmine of an album. My 8 favourite songs on this CD in order of track listing are: Richer Than You, Chemotherapy, Genius, Run, Suburban Male, Cones, Fuck The System, Doctor Lindemans Family Adventure Theme Park World. I love everything about this album except for the recording. If I lost this album I would buy 2 more in case I lost it again. // 10

Comments