Sans Souci Review

Frenzal Rhomb: Sans Souci
Release Date: Apr 22, 2003
Label: Fat Wreck Chords
Genres: Third Wave Ska Revival, Punk, Ska-Punk, Alternative Pop/Rock
Without doubt the best since Meet The Family and definately worth buying.
 9.5
 9.9
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Sans Souci Reviewed by: broken_leg, on march 02, 2006

Sound: I'm not really into punk music that much but this album I thought was awesome. The sound is fast and energetic and a lot better than any of the bands previous albums. Not much more I can write about this section just that this is aussie punk at its finest. // 8

Lyrics: I think Jay writes really good songs. The lyrics are extremely funny and often offensive (well not to me) but also display messages about different social issues. The lyrics fit the music perfectly and while he isnt the best singer he still does the job very well. I also like it how he sings in an ausie accent and has a kind of smart arse tone to his voice. // 10

Overall Impression: Does it compare to other albums? Well I would rate it up there with the best punk albums that I have heard and personally I would much rather listen to this than bands like the ramones or sex pistols. They kind of remind me of an Australian version of Nofx but funnier. The best songs on the album are "Punisher," "Russel Crowes Band," "Lookin good" and "Cocksucker" but I enjoyed listening to all of the songs. I can't really say I hate anything about this album and if it were stolen or lost I would probably buy it again. // 9

Comments