Delenda review by From a Second Story Window

• Released: Jul 11, 2006
From a Second Story Window: Delenda

This band is very talented when it comes to playing. They always make every one of their songs interesting. Their songs are very lengthy too; which is something I like in a band. The guitarists Rob Hileman and Dereck Vasconi are amazing. I don't think I could find one part in "Delenda" that was repeated. There is always a different guitar riff every couple of seconds. The singer is amazing, he has a high pitched kind of scream and a somewhat low type of scream. Now, many people would here one of From A Second Story's songs and say, "There's too much sreaming!" No, Will can also sing... very well. My favorite member of the band would have to be Joe, their bassist. Unlike most bassists in bands, he's kind of the leader. And a very good bassist. Other than that this bands sound is amazing and they are very talented.

The lyrics can be a little confusing at times but they are very emotional at times. Many songs in "Delenda" relate with ships out on sea with sailors and all that. The songs are actually kind of like a story. It's kind of like a play because in the lyrics it's actual people talking! I thought it was very interesting when I saw this. There lyrics will remind you of certain people or of nothing at all. You just have to pay attention to them. My favorite song would probably be "A peice of history written in english," and my favorite part of that song would have to be when Will says, "This is a new beginning. I hold the sunin my hands." I think what he's saying is that the world is starting to change by the choices people make.

This band is very good playing wise and lyricly. I could compare this to other artists since From A Second Story Window isn't my favorite band. Some artists that I could compare them to would be Between the Buried and Me, The Dillinger Escape Plan, and Silverstein. What I love about this band is the effort and passion in their music. They give it there all when it comes to playing. I don't I could say something that I hate about this band. Overall they are a good band and very accomplished in what they do.

techmetalftw
    Amazing band, with great muscians. I wasn't able to go see them the last time they were in town. Im gonna have to make sure I go next time around.