Not One Word Has Been Omitted review by From a Second Story Window

• Released: Oct 19, 2004
From a Second Story Window: Not One Word Has Been Omitted

There is this "trend" (if you want to call it that way) in all this new wave of metalcore, deathcore and all this core genres in which the bands don't follow a predeterminated structure in their songs, they just play and play, some creating symphonies that are unforgetteable, others, well you know. This band, in my opinion, doesn't fit in any genre. While they use screams and growls, their style is unique. But one thing is clear, they do have punch, each song is completely unique and stands for itself, all with different melodies, you won't hear a riff repeated in this album, and if you do send me a virus please. Each track takes you on a different ambientation, some are fearfully joyful, others are sweet, others make you want to throw your grandmother out the window and laugh while she is in a tree. Definately a unique album. Highlights: tracks 1, 2 and 5.

This lyrics are very original, every song is a different theme, this varies from hate, vengeance, sorrow, love. The last two tracks are more love-like lyrics in an abstract way. But the first three tracks are filled with hate and sorrow. The atmosphere this band creates with their music fits exactly with the lyrics they wrote, and more impressive is how they fit exactly the screams and growls with the lyrics, using each one to highlight important sentences.

I definately liked this album more than their second Delenda, it has very strange melodies, but it stands for itself as each track has it's unique melody, punch, theme and everything you want. The album I can compare this with in sound is like Remembering Never's EP Suffocates My Words To You, but a bit less melodic and more agressive. If you like bands like Embrace the End, Remembering Never, Zao, you will like this.

Anno[fzk]
    Idk about Beneath The Sky. I generally dislike prejudice, but almost everything from Victory Records is too much "copy and paste". A lot of the bands sound way too similar. I'm not just saying that because it's mainly new wave hardcore and metalcore. Of course, Between the Buried and Me redeems all.
    carrotcake
    Victory does have many similar bands, IMO. BTBAM are the exception for that label though. =P