Abandon Your Friends review by From Autumn to Ashes

• Released: Aug 30, 2005
From Autumn to Ashes: Abandon Your Friends

I thought the sound for this was very wierd at first. I was mainly looking for the lead singer vocals. But listen second vocals (Francis Mark) sang most of it. I was a bit disppointed, but I opened my minded towards and afterwards, I thought it was good sound. It very esscentric, takes a few listens to get use to it.

I thought the lyrics where very good, gave me a very warm feeling inside. It mainly talks about record labels, and how people are liars. I thought the lyrics were very good.

Overall you'd better go into this thinking that it's going to heavy as hell, or close minded, because you are going to be disappointed, and say that this album sucks. I thought it compared to all the other album, which I'm big fan of all there other album, but we got to keep evoling and changing, if were for that, this world would be very boring. I like every song on this album, I just didn't like the way they arranged the songs (soft n' heavy, heavy, or soft) it was a bit too linear.

DaBlackE
    First off if you don't have The Fiction We Live or Too Bad You're Beautiful get those first. I don't know if the lineup change had anything to do with the album but it's not as good as the last 2 efforts. These guys went on Headbangers Ball saying they thought this was their best record yet. Remeber when Korn said that in GuitarWorld magazine about "Untouchables"? Don't trust any band when they say "this our best record". I was really suprised by the great guitar solo on Sugar Wolf. This album is good, just not as good as the other 2. I hope next time these guys go into the studio they get Adam D. of Killswitch Engage to produce it like their 1st one.
    synystergabriel
    I liked Abandon Your Friends Alot. Mostly cause of the lyrics. But I dont compare cds i take them all individually despite how they sound. (Metallia fan kinda have to lol)
    dlowoc
    I love this album!! The slower songs aren't so hot, but the heavyier ones more than make up for it! The singers both have brilliant voices, its a shame that Ben (lead singer) fell out with the band and didn't sing more on this. The lyrics are very odd, but still great, something to think about. Overall a brillaintly constructed album in so many ways.
    black_coffin
    first off the lyrics were different because ben perri never wrote any lyrics for the album it was all fran mark and second of all fran mark is mostly singing because benn perri turned up to 0 out of 7 band practises until they went to record and thats why he hasnt got much singing in the album