Too Bad You're Beautiful review by From Autumn to Ashes

• Released: Aug 14, 2001
From Autumn to Ashes: Too Bad You're Beautiful

Overall this album has a very good sound that keeps a certain theme throughout that I found really appealing. The contrast between hard and fast riffs to slow and soft acoustic parts fit incredibly well and I couldn't imagine From Autumn To Ashes any other way.

The lyrics are very emotional and mean so much to me personally. They just can stir thoughts in your mind and it's just incredible. The singers that From Autumn To Ashes offers fit well with the music. The lead singer's 'screaming' style goes well and the same effect couldn't be produced through regular singing styles. The drummer also provides his own lead vocal parts throughout the album and his voice is very good, however this depends on your view of what makes a good singer. His voice can likely be seen as too 'high' but I find that it fits well and doesn't clash with the music. Probably the most talented singer throughout the album is during Short Stories With Tragic Endings. Melanie (I think) sings a small portion at the beginning and closes out the last 3 or 4 minutes of the song singing her heart out with the most beautiful voice that I've ever heard.

Personally, right now it is my favourite and most frequently played album out of my collection. I am so glad I went out and was able to find and buy it because I'm not sure what else I'd be listening to right now. Favourite Songs(In order of appearance on CD): Chloroform Perfume Capeside Rock Take Her To The Music Store Eulogy For An Angel Short Stories With Tragic Endings