Too Bad You're Beautiful review by From Autumn to Ashes

• Released: Aug 14, 2001
From Autumn to Ashes: Too Bad You're Beautiful

The music on this album is simply amazing. They have a way of going from very soft and melodic to really heavy. There are some really cool variations in almost every song. Just when you think it's gonna be a soft song, they throw a curve ball at you and crank it up a notch. The lead singer has an amazing scream. It really blends with their music a lot. When the drummer started singing, it suprised me as well. I really enjoy the mix of these two. The guitar work is amazing. They sometimes blend the two guitarists together with harmonizing leads. Everything about their music is amazing and impressive. They truly have a unique sound on this album.

The lyrics are good, but somewhat typical, with a lot of emotional lyrics about sad things in life. However, when you're listening to these lyrics sung very heavily, it almost takes the sadness away, and sounds more like anger. Also, they aren't your basic "emo" lyrics, they have a uniqueness to them. The words chosen are very good. They can really get you thinking. On one song, Chloroform Perfume, the lyrics are a prime example of unique word choice. Sure, they base around a general subject in music today, but he uses great metaphors and similes and such to express his thoughts. Also, the song Mercury Rising isn't a song, it's just some words said after the song Chloroform Perfume. These lyrics in this peice are so amaing. When you listen to it, it just kind of tears out your heart. If you're the least bit emotional, these words will really tear you up inside. I like the lyrics overall.

This whole album is amazing. When I first put the cd in, and started on the first song, my thoughts were "Ok, this isn't too bad". Then, I turned to the next song, and was caught. The guitar riff was so cool that I had to continue listening. Then, I finished off the cd and was completely impressed. It is one of the best cd's I've ever bought. If I ever lost this cd, I'd go out and buy it again for sure. I've recommended it to all my friends. All the songs are amazing, but there are some that I think stand out more than others.