Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has A Body Count review by From First to Last

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
From First to Last: Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has A Body Count

Possibly the best album name ever and with more strange turns than Spaghetti Junction. As the name suggests its suitably teen angsty and has a very raw, new band sound. Keeping the trend with cool names "The One Armed Boxer. Vs. The Flying Guillotine" sets the scence fitting ideas for about three songs into one. A more conventional "Note To Self" follows. And the just plain strange electro infused, yet not ultimatly excellent, "I liked you better before you where naked on the internet," drags the listener everywhere. Plenty of metal tracks have been packed into here, most notably "Ride The Wings Of Pestilence," which is an absolutly awesome track, from its quiet bridges, shreddign verses and soaring chorus and head banding intro. Their are two acoustic songs in the form of the heart wrenched "Emily" to the guitar solo or "Minuet," which any serious acoustic guitarist should learn.

At times the lead singer sounds like a strangled hamster, but manages to pull it off, but this could annoy some. There's plenty of screaming to be had and some of the best lyrics I've heard. Subjects range from long distant relationships, cowboys, whores and the mind of a serial killer.

A wonderful album for the youth, but don't expect any old school rock influences here.