Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has A Body Count review by From First to Last

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
From First to Last: Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has A Body Count

Okay, don't listen to what the other reviews said. FFTL is just down-right amazing. Not that they had bad reviews, but they deserve much more credit than that. For a singer who is only 17, and decided to take a different way of life, than a normal teenager, he pulls it off. There are so many different influences on this record. Every band member listens to different types of music. And that's what's needed to pull together an amazing record like this. There's screaming, singing, amazing guitar solo, and even a little bit of rap. Their sound is something everyone should hear.

The lyrics are humorus, seriouse, and a little bit creepy. But don't let the creepy turn you away. You can tell that they put a lot of thought into their lyrics, and came up with this and it turned out perfectly. The lyrics go right with the music. And Travis the screamer/guitar player, has the best scream. It goes perfectly with the music, a deep growl, but you can still understand what he's saying. The singer has had three surgeries on his vocal cords, and still sounds good. The other guitarist sings too, and can get higher than any other singer I know of, except maybe Bert from the used. Their two voices go great together, there so different, but so much a like.

I can't really compare this CD to any other bands, because their sound isnt "different" but I honestly can't find another CD like it. "Kiss Me, I'm Contagious" is an amazing song. So is "Secrets Don't Make Friends." I honestly love everything about this CD, and have not gotten sick of it. If I was walking downtown, and some guy jumped me and took this CD, I would either chase after him, or run to the nearest CD shop and buy it immediatly without hesitation. If you buy the CD, and you arnt into it. Give it some time, it'll grow on you. I promise. I'm not saying go buy their CD right now. Go on Purevolume, or Myspace, and just check out some of their songs. Maybe they aren't the band for you. But the sure fit my desricption of amazing. Look for their new album sometime next year. Also if they're comming to a town near you. Go check them out live. I'm seriouse, you will be blown away. I've seen 'em twice and I still haven't gotten the full effect yet, I know theres more comming, and it won't be anything short of incredible.