Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has A Body Count review by From First to Last

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
From First to Last: Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has A Body Count

This album's sound is very hard punk, basically. It's bass drum heavy, with rolls and fast pedaling. It is very well done, though. The guitars are not overpowering while having a sure presence. The drums are cymbal-strong, but somehow their presence is made obvious, yet they aren't too loud to make it ugly. The guitars have very good mixes of distortion, overdrive, and cleanliness. If you want to make good tabs, this band's music is definitly the one to do them from. The keys in this band's album are different, and the chord progressions are different from most things you've ever heard before.

The singer has amazing range and certainly he knows what he's doing. The multi-voiced parts of the album are great. The lyrics are like poetry, emotional but simple and clean. The singer screams but it's not ugly (another thing which is hard to achieve).

This CD is amazing and is definitly worth every penny. I believe they have an earlier disc out called Aesthetic. I have heard music from it too and it is no worse than this one. The best song from this album is definitly either Ride The Wings of Pestillence or The One Armed Boxer Vs. The Flying Guillotine. Don't ever steal this album from me, or else I'll hunt you down and stick a keyboard up yours. And then I'd buy a new disc becuase somebody put their dirty paws on my kick ass CD.