Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has A Body Count review by From First to Last

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
From First to Last: Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has A Body Count

The sound on this album is absolutely mindblowing and incredible for a band that has members around the ages of 18-24 it is pretty amazing. The guitars on this album are amazing for a hardcore/punk band I mean Matt and Travis are really talented guitar players and it shows when they play the songs on this album. The bass on this album is insane especially when the bassist does some little bass interludes sometimes in the songs and I find that those little bass interludes are really cool. Derek is one talented I swear to god his drumming is mindblowing and asskicking and it blows me away everytime I hear him pounding those things.

Sonny Moore is one talented songwriter and he is one of the best in the history of modern music in my opinion. The lyrics on this album are not emo at all I mean stabbing your girlfriend doesnt sound really emo to me does it. Sonny Moore can sing about anything to saying how Secrets Dont Make Friends which by the way is absolutely true and how he just misses his gf. I also really love it when the other band members and when the bassist screams I find it is really cool.

This album is uncorapable to any other album out there today because FFTL fused different genres of music into one thing that came out like this. I don't have any favourite songs on this album because all of them kick complete major ass. I love everything about this album and hate nothing about it. If it were stolen/lost I would defenitely buy it again because it is one of my favourite albums in my cd collection right now. I would recommend this album to almost anyone in the world because it is one of those album you surely want to get and please just buy it when you go to your local music store.

sendmeapick
    yeah this band is so awesome !!! i havnt seen them live yet... cant wait ! coz they havnt been to aussie yet... but they will one day... i reckon this album is way better then their newest album ! they should get more old stuff in it... sonny is a mad singer !!! too bad hes destroying his voice.... we need some more of his singing goodness.
    PinkFloydrulez
    My friend told me to check out this band way back in April. I downloaded this album and Heroin and never really liked it... in fact I pretty much hated it. Months later, as things do change... I've tried them before now still again and didn't hate them but still never liked them.. The first song and Emily I sometimes had stuck in my head occassionally. Now, today, I just decided to listen to this for the hell of it and... It just sort of clicked, I guess. Finally, after all these months haha.. Glad I never deleted it. I love it when a band or cd finally clicks and you luffs it. YAY
    Xx_Bruce_xX
    This cd's badass man. Some of the songs like "Featuring Some of Your Favorite Words" and "Populace in Two" were a little poppy though... Minuet is a tight ass acoustic solo that i still can't get clean enough as whoever plays it. Note To Self is probably the best song on it, and Dead Baby Kickball is second with Ride The Wings Of Pestilence as third. [wtf? Emily isn't dating jon by the way.]
    katazuki
    I agree with TheRattleSnake but this is one of my favorite albums i must say. "Secrets Dont Make Friends" is my fav. i scream this song in my car probably everyday. awsome band. awsome lyrics. heroine was ok. they over lapped Sonny's singing over Matt's scream a little too much but whatever.
    Killingthecat69
    Killingthecat69
    katazuki wrote: Killingthecat69 wrote: god you guys are idiots matt DOESN'T scream..travis does....and jon on this cd.....and for all the idiots who wrote the reviews matt writes the lyrics not sonny...sonny only wrote emily...gosh.... Listen to the song Failure by Designer Jeans. at the end when there is screaming listen...the first person to scream (the deaper voice) is Matt the second person the slightly lighter one is Travis. and my friend you CLEARLY havent seen them live. ill bet you didnt even know that Sonny plays guitar do you?
    umm...yea i do know sonny plays guitar...in kiss me im contagious and christmassacre.....and a few others...ohh yea...and in that song Jon screams as the deeper there....but when john quit travis had to learn to use a death metal screaming....gosh dude...matt does NOT scream....he sings...and im sorry to tell you i've seen them twice....at warped tour....so yea...
    ChuckNorris7
    Best album ever. Too bad the follw up heroine was so bad. What the **** were they trying to do, nu metal?
    XishbooX
    to the one that said emily dies in a car accident- she didnt die,sonny wrote the song because they broke up from long distance. and now emily is dating jon
    irockonguitar
    turbopunk2000 wrote: This band is way too depressing.
    FFTL are happy! when i play there stuff i want to kick the shit out of myself! (in a good, crazy way) and i LOVE thisalbum, and sonny's voice, but personaly i prefer there oldest stuff, with their old vocalist, the 'aesthatic' EP
    fm1st2last89
    i love this cd there like the best band out their, there so original with there music and not only that there lyrics 2
    nothingface187
    The song with the rapping on it, threw me off. I was really getting into it, when all of a sudden some rapper comes on, and i was like what in tarnation? Besides that, awesome album!
    katazuki