From First To Last review by From First to Last

• Released: May 6, 2008
From First to Last: From First To Last

FFTL's transition from the Sonny Moore era to the four piece era starts with an unexpected style. The songs feature a mix of alternative pop rock, with some edges of post-hardcore. Nothing most of us anticipated or expected after the release of "Heroine". Matt's singing however, steals your ears with great clean vocals. And the harmonies & screams thrown in by Travis and Manning puts more depth to Matt's vocals. The guitar work on this album is probably what stands out the most. With energetic, original, sometimes even catchy & heavy riffs, it pulls you in and keeps you listening and craving more.

The guitar work and vocals are great, but the lyrics to the album are the weak point. Going to a mainstream sound, the lyrics are more radio-friendly and less emotional, and at times flat-out boring. In my opinion, it seems that the lyrics tackle the subjects of living your life to the fullest and make the most of everything. Great message, but not really something that will attract FFTL fans and keep them listening. With all this said, I personally like the songs, and I'm always listening.

Overall, FFTL fans who can live with change will love this album. I love the guitar riffs, the singing and the bass lines. Lyrics may lack interesting subjects, but I can't stop listening. This band has always been original to themselves though. I think maybe the songs that stands out the most on this album is "Deliverence!" and "Two As One". Both have catchy & poppy lyrics mixed with interesting and heavy guitar riffs and singing. If lost, I would buy it again.

andrewjf
    andrewjf wrote: Manning screams in some songs too... this review is horrbile, like the CD. The lyrics are pointless, and the guiatr riffs are generic and every song on the CD sounds similar to the next...
    actually the album has grown on me lol obviously from my review
    ffaf12
    i like it though some of the songs sound way to similar, however its good to see matt taking over vocals as he was supossed to before that talentless c*** sonny moore came onto the scene ..."my name is skrillix" ok then f*** off
    ninjagayden777
    This album is listenable, but nothing compared to either the Sonny Moore stuff or Throne To The Wolves. And agree with review, lyrics are pretty bad on this one.