Heroine review by From First to Last

• Released: Mar 21, 2006
From First to Last: Heroine

Heroine is definately different than Dear Diary. Everything from the sound to the lyrics has changed. Much more electronic stuff going on. Much heavier. Much darker. Alot more emotion. Sonny's voice is alot more worn out, as you can tell, giving it a certain edge you don't hear that much. There's definately a lot more distortion on this album. They definately kicked up the effects.

The lyrics on Heroine have become alot darker. Dear Diary was "Like a joke, but you couldn't tell if they were kidding or not." You can feel their emotion, like in The Levy, "Rise Rise Rise To Fall," portrays how people try so hard to get to the top only to be disapointed. They definately didn't beat around the bush this time.

I bought this CD after they went on tour w/Hawthorne Heights, Fall out boy, and The All-American Rejects. I was familiar with their older stuff, but this CD completely blew my mind. I had never heard anything like this. I had become accustomed to the fast paced beat of Derek's drums and the melodic guitars that wove in and out of each other. So it was pretty sweet. Good CD. I suggest listening to it first, it not might be exactly what your looking for.

TheRattle§nake
    It pisses me off sooo much what fftl did, this album is a step back from their last, i was expecting heroin to be amazing.
    Bass♥FFTL♥
    I LOVE FFTL.....I dont really care that they sound different....they still rock...You people take a new sound as a bad thing....shame shame on you...lol I really like mothersound, world war me, the levy, The latest plague.....etc