Heroine review by From First to Last

• Released: Mar 21, 2006
From First to Last: Heroine

Where would I start with the new sound of the album? It's just so much different from that of Dear Diary. To tell you the truth it sounds like they tried to pull of a nu-metal sound but it's just so different you can't classify them under anything. The sound of the album goes from somewhat heavy down to mellow as you progress through it. Starts of with the more upbeat songs like Mothersound and And We All Have A Hell to mellow like Waves Goodbye and Heroine. The instrumentals are amazing and well thought out. Their sound has matured greatly since Dear Diary. Personally I love to see bands develop like this. Ross Robinson did a terrific job of trying to create that dark sound FFTL was aiming for.

The lyrics spread from a wide range of topics. Mothersound being about what music has become, and Waltz Moore is about Sonny's fight with the pressures of looking good for the press and being self-conscious. The lyrics definitely match their style of music and themselves as well. Sonny Moore is a really advanced lead singer. He sings a lot more in this album and I find that amazing. Considering, he's went through a few surgeries.

The overall impression of this cd?? It left me in awe. Completely didn't expect it, but you have to love it. Most people will probably have to give it a few listens first. The most impressive songs would have to be And We All Have A Hell and Heroine, shows the true side of FFTL. I would buy this CD again if it were stolen/lost.