Angels & Devils review by Fuel

• Released: Aug 7, 2007
Fuel: Angels & Devils

This particular album brought a simular sound to the past records, but hence the new frontman/vocalist Toryn Green the sound was quite compromised. Leaving some room for dissapiontment, but more room to grow on. With guitarist Carl Bell doing the majority of writing and producing the record as always, the CD provided catchy, yet, deep and innovative riffs and melodies such as "Forever" and "Again", "Wasted Time" and "Halos of the Son". Though, they lost vocalist Brett Scallions and drummer Kevin Miller, the album was quite a big hit sound-wise.

Well known lyrics and inspiration for those going through heart-ache and life's most common problems. The lyrics here provide a nice stream with the music produced and all-in-all distinguishes solid poetry. New singer/frontman Toryn Green gave quite the impression and oh-so-loved sound Brett Scallions provided. Though, not the same, thurally close.

Given the past vocalist, the album was a little difficult to get by. But as a critic, it showed great intensity and innovation in the much-needed modern-rock world. However, it wouldn't go as far as to putting it over any of Fuel's previous work. If the band started out with the new drummer and vocalist they have now, they wouldn't be near as far as they are today. But it was a great effort, and was still fun to listen to. I would have to say, like before, that "Forever", "Wasted Time", "Again" and "Halos of the Son" had the biggest impression on me. I would buy it probably two more times if it was misplaced or stolen. And I would recommend to any worried Fuel's fans out ther.