Something Like Human review by Fuel

• Released: Sep 19, 2000
Fuel: Something Like Human

Fuel's sophmore effort is a wonderful addition to their repertoire. It is, for the most part, a hard hitting and grinding record. Though it does have spots of poignancy. "Hemorrhage (in my hands)" and "Bad Day" are joined by "Hemorrhage (in my hands) ", "Daniel (an Elton John cover" and "Going to California (a Led Zeppelin cover)" on the expanded edition as the softer edge of the album. Brett Scallions' voice is sprinkled with urgency and emotion in every song.

The lyrics are biting and harsh. Yet, they still retain their poetry. As I said, Brett is a very talented vocalist. And on the three bonus songs on the expanded edition give you a personal and raw display of his voice. These three songs even furthered my opinion of his singing skills and style. Anyone whos singing can stand up against such an intimate approach has to be a wonderful singer.

"Something Like Human" is my favorite Fuel album. It has such a range that it would make anyone happy. My favorite songs are "Last Time", "Hemorrhage (in my hands)", "Bad Day", "Solace", "Innocent", "Daniel" and "Going to California". If it were stolen, I would definitely replace it.