Sunburn review by Fuel

• Released: Mar 31, 1998
Fuel: Sunburn

This is a very straght forward rock sound that is Fuel's debut album. No samples, no piano, nothing but bass, guitar, drums, and vocals to give you a no nonsense all out rock experience.

This album to me is the most unrefined of all the fuel albums. This is not necessarily a bad thing because this is their first album, thus making it their rawest sounding one. Brett Scallions vocals have soul and for what he lacks in range he more than makes up for in agressiveness and power. The lyrics are what you would normally see in rock songs, failed relationships and what not, but it makes for some good stuff. The lyrics as run of the mill as they seem, bode quite well with the song. they just sort of blend into the music (listen to bittersweet and untitled for the best examples).

This album stands out the most out of all the other fuel albums. Maybe it's because of Brett's vocals before they changed or maybe its because the band band stuck with what they knew sounded good to them. This is a must buy album for anyone who likes rock at all . As well as being a good album, it's a great album to play along on the guitar as well. If any one tried to take this from me I would beat them down and take one of the best rock albums I've heard.