The Best Of Fuel review by Fuel

• Released: Dec 13, 2005
Fuel: The Best Of Fuel

Out of all the hard rock artists to come out of the '90s, Fuel was one who has made it clear that they don't plan on stopping. After losing a drummer and a singer, Carl Bell and Jeff Abercrombie keep on going. The basic formula for a Fuel song is to have a strong guitar and catchy chorus. All of these song do exactly that. Fuel may have only released 3 albums, but their sound feels like it has been honed for years.

Carl Bell's lyrics are great. They are dark, yet passionate, a combination you don't see a lot during the '90s. This record shows that these lyrics stand out from the rest. What really makes them complete is the vocals of Brett Scallions. They fit together perfectly. The chorus in each song stands out the most. After hearing Won't Back Down and Falls On Me you'll understand. It's sad to know that Brett has left the band, but they've found a new singer and(as of this writing), they can't tell us who it is.

Ok, we're all thinking the same thing: It is way to early for a Fuel "Best Of" compilation. After 3 albums and a couple of soundtrack songs, you only wonder why their record label would do this (it is possible it was part of Brett Scallions' contract when he left). Another big question is: Are these all actual hits? Sure everyone on the planet has heard Hemmorage (In My Hands) and Shimmer, but what about the other 9 tracks. They are good nontheless, but will we ever find out the motives for realeasing this record? Only time will tell. Or maybe the band's publicist.