Repeater + 3 Songs review by Fugazi

• Released: Feb 28, 1990
Fugazi: Repeater + 3 Songs

'Repeater + 3 Songs' is Fugazi's 1990 album, and the album that saw their flag firmly posted to the mast. No longer the 'band with the guy from Minor Threat', this album made Fugazi completely individual. The first thing that hits you when you listen to this album, is the wide range of sounds. Being a fan of Minor Threat, vocalist/guitarist Ian MacKaye's legendary hardcore band, I was expecting this album to loud and obnoxious. What a suprise I got. This album ranges from pure rock to melodic to (wait for it) jazz! Just check out the title track!

The lyrics are brilliant all the way through this album. They are mainly political and anti-establishment, and they fit perfectly with the music. The singers are the two guitarists, Ian MacKaye and Guy Picciotto. Guy sings on the more melodic tracks and Ian sings on the shouting rock songs. I find having to singers makes Fugazi more diverse, and they are better off for it.

Overall, this is one of my favourite albums. The main reason I bought it was it was also turning up in 'Most Influential' lists, and one day I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about. Oh, how glad I am I took that risk! Anyway, for those who want to know what to download, here's the tracks: 01. Turnover - 9/10 a very strong opening to the album. 02. Repeater - 9/10 heavy verses, jazz chorus - great mix! 03. Brendan #1 - 9/10 a brilliant drum based instrumental. 04. Merchandise - 10/10 one of the most influential songs of all time. 05. Blueprint - 10/10 melodic and unforgettable. 06. Sieve-fisted Find - 9/10 a fairly angry song, very good. 07. Greed - 9/10 short and fast. 08. Two Beats Off - 8/10 yet another great song. 09. Styrofoam - 8/10 and another one. 10. Reprovisional - 8/10 a stand out track. 11. Shut The Door - 8/10 a great song. 12. Song #1 - 10/10 a brilliant, one of the best on the album. 13. Joe #1 - 9/10 great bass based instrumental. 14. Break-In - 9/10 an epic way to end the album. If this album was stolen, I'd certainly buy another. And so should you.