Noisense: A Voodoo Beach Party Celebrating The Unholy review by Fullmoon Bongzai

• Users' score: 9 (1 vote)
Fullmoon Bongzai: Noisense: A Voodoo Beach Party Celebrating The Unholy

When I heard of this band, I first expected a generic "industrial metal" sound that I think many bands are guilty of. What I got when I listened to the album was a refreshing blend of black metal and industrial with a touch of psychedelia. The genres are combined practically flawlessly to create an atmosphere unlike anything I've heard before. There are few songs on the album with vocals as most of the album is instrumental. The songs are impressive enough to keep one intrested despite the lack of vocals. The percussion is excellent.

As mentioned above there are almost no actual vocals on this album. I have not been able to find acurate lyrics to the songs. The vocals however suit the music very well. I am rating this section high to reinforce the fact that the lack of vocals do not hinder the albums playability.

In comparision to other bands I've heard who combine metal with industrial music, this band actually does it quite well. This isn't just some half-a-sed metal with samples here and there to give it a pseudo-industrial feel. This much more than that. My favorite tracks on the album are: "One Arm, One Leg", "Hitchhiking In Golgotha", and "The Torturers Blues". I would strongly recommend this album to anyone who enjoys a unique approach to music. Fans of industrial music and metal alike should not be disappointed.

EpiExplorer
    Senour Dakota wrote: what the hell is gabba?
    Its literally one really heavily distorted bass drum hit repeated forever with varying degress of modulation. I dont know anyone who listens to it and probably wouldn't want to know.
    Senour Dakota
    no offence, but you come across as a moron. of course theres noise, what did you expect? And did you know that long repetitive passages are a common characteristic of black metal? Damn
    N-D
    Oh, Senour Dakota, thank you for the review!!! Such interesting experimental band - and such weird and fresh album!!!