Casually Dressed & Deep in Conversation review by Funeral for a Friend

• Released: Oct 13, 2003
Funeral for a Friend: Casually Dressed & Deep in Conversation

Funeral For A Friend, are a welsh emocore band. Their sound is not particulary unique, but the guitar riff's are cool, the melodic voice of Matt Davies carries a tune like a leaf on the wind, but sometimes this angelic voice turns into a raging scream, which is not out of tune nor over the top. A very musically talented band. Need proof? Listen to Escape Artists Never Die, its got great guitar work, a nice drum beat with some great vocal work.

Lyrics on this album are fantastic, straight from the first song "Rookie Of The Year" a heart-felt classic, from the brilliant acoustic "Your Revolution Is A Joke" The lyrics and the music fit together like peas & carrots.

Casually Dressed & Deep In Conversation was one of the best albums of the year in my opinion, within the emo sector not many came near it. All the songs on this album are class, but if I had to pick the best, "Bullet Theory, "Storytelling", "Escape Artists Never Die" and "Novella". The whole CD is faultless, I cant pick up a negative point about it. If it got stolen, I'd definitely buy it again. A must buy for any music lovers!