Casually Dressed & Deep in Conversation review by Funeral for a Friend

• Released: Oct 13, 2003
Funeral for a Friend: Casually Dressed & Deep in Conversation

Everything fits. It goes together. When you listen to Funeral, you just think, this is amazing, well I do, and if you don't then you have no feelings. It strikes me as an album for gettin all your emotions out, or listening to it from someone elses point of view. The lyrics are totally amazing, and the way matt screams, pure fucking greatness (if that even makes sense). Either way, I reccommend this album out of every single cd I own. Though I don't listen to it every hour of every day, its a f--king fantastic album.

The lyrics are deep and meaningfull. Amazing. There are some particular lyrics that stand out in my mind, like on a track "Waking Up" the lyrics towards the end say, "I'll walk untill my feet are bleeding" and on juno/juneau a part says "and I'm nothing more than a line in your book". I think many teenagers in love or who have crushes can relate to these songs. But anyone can. Its a universal album.

I think it compares to alot of albums. I have over 200 cd's in my collection (not to be like a boastful twat) and this compares to all of them. I've got like Blink, Lost Prophets, Slipknot, Linkin Park, The Offspring, The Clash, Ramones, stuff like that. Out of all of my cd's I have nothing as deep, meaningfull, romantic, or beutifully lyrical and just pure amazing as this. I love every single song on the album and if it was stolen (which I can imagine it because it's such a good album) then if I had the money I would go out and buy myself 2 copies, one spare in case I lost it or someone else stole it, and copies for all my mates. This album is amazing, if you don't belive me buy it. Don't download the songs, the band deserves credit for making such an amazing album.