Casually Dressed & Deep in Conversation review by Funeral for a Friend

• Released: Oct 13, 2003
Funeral for a Friend: Casually Dressed & Deep in Conversation

Emo? No, not emo. Metal? Not really. But metalheads should be satified from the second the opening track "Rookie Of The Year" kicks in. Original at the time of release (at least in the more sucessful areas of rock). It's sold ove 100,000 copies so you know it's gotta be good, right? Tracks vary from the rifftastic "Escape Artists Never Die," the thumping "Bullet Theory," the more conventional "Juneau" and the acoustic "Your Revolution Is A Joke." The main highlight of Funeral For A Friend always has been their two guitars constantly riffing and they hardly let up throughout the album.

Great lyrics stuffed full of all these underlying meanings and some such. However some may not like Matt Davis's (lead singer) vocals, but they work for everybody I know. Their are also aggression vocals provided by the drummer.

Overall an amazing album, which I have listended to again and again. Some of the tracks get old after a while and you can sense that this is indeed the bands first album, but they've tried as hard as they can to shake off any EP quality tracks. If I got this album stolen I would buy it again, lay a sophisticated trap full of wires, pullys and welshman and catch the son of a b--ch who stole it.

scb
    i agree! i love lostprophets then i found FFAF and they blew me away! im no emo but this is great stuff! id love to see them, theyre at reading and leeds this year i think!