Hours review by Funeral for a Friend

• Released: Jun 13, 2005
Funeral for a Friend: Hours

FFAF's latest album is amazing, sticking to the same emo-metal sound as the first album but in new ways. There are some amazing riffs and tunes in this album. "Roses For The Dead"'s opening jumps out at you! It's really catchy and amazing. There are the mellow songs like "History" and "Hospitatility" and there are songs that kick ass like "Monster" and "End Of Nothing." In interviews with the band and Matt davies especially they tell of being home sick and sad of not seeing thier family, it does shine through the album in a very good way.

The lyrics as with previous albums are awsome, although not as much screaming matt davies sings amazingly. The actual content of the lyrics is not quick made up mumbo jumbo, but words with actual meaning "so goddbye, to you and your life..." from Street Car words which have meaning with the voacalist (Matt). Matt can sing really well, as fans are assured he fails to dissapoint.

I love Funeral For A Friend, so this album review will be a little biased but I have tried to be honest. This album is abosolutley awsome. Not to be missed. My favourites are "Roses For The Dead," "All The Rage," "The End Of Nothing," "Street Car,"History," pretty much the whole album. Even the worst song on the album, "Sonny" is pretty good. If I lost it I would buy it again. The dvd with the limited edition is awsome too. Great value for money. I can't wait to see them live in july. FFAF do not dissapoint at all in aspect.