Hours review by Funeral for a Friend

• Released: Jun 13, 2005
Funeral for a Friend: Hours

Hours is so amazing. If you have listened to the band before you'll find that hours has a different sound to it. You can tell that Matt Davies voice has changed between Casually Dressed and Hours. But it still sounds just as good. Hours also experiments with more sounds then FFAF's usual lead effects. Just listen to Streetcar. In general, the album sounds a little different then normal FFAF, and experiments a little too, but still has that great FFAF feel to it.

The lyrics are great! They really give you a distinct feeling. And Matt is just awesome on Hours. Like I said before yes his voice has changed a little but he is still great. And the backup vocals just flow with the music.

Hours might just be their best album yet. All of the songs have their own feel and style to it, but still with the classic FFAF sound. My favorites have to be All The Rage, Streetcar, Roses For The Dead, Drive, History, and Alvarez. The only thing that might throw you off is the drum beat in Sonny. It is a little hip-hopish but after listening to it a little bit it goes with the song lightly. If it was stolen or lost I'd definitly buy it again. Infact I'd get the single too cuz I saw theres 2 songs u cant get anywhere else on it. Infact I should get that today, well anyway, if you like FFAF, your gonna love this album. If youve never heard them before, a few songs might be odd to you but if you like post hardcore, emo, rock, anything like that I bet you'll like Hours.