Hours review by Funeral for a Friend

• Released: Jun 13, 2005
Funeral for a Friend: Hours

I love this band, they really get to me (in a good way), because I play the guitar I really appreciate how they play there music and good it actually is. I love the really catchy things that get in my head like the intro of roses for the dead and recovery. I feel this is the best album so far and I would reccomended it to anyone who plays the guitar. You don't have to be emo to love this band! They rock! Overall this band sounds amazing with catchy tunes and a variety of guitar techniques being used you are always interested. They have a unique construction to their songs like the song changes half way through the song and sounds completly different. I can never get fed up with this band!

ok I will be honest, the lyrics are quite random to me, but they probably make more sense to other people. Because they rhyme I just automatically start singing along to them. By the way its the drummer who does the growling and stuff its not always Matt. That's why I like the drummer a lot. But deep down the lyrics hit me and kind of make sense.

So far, over the year I have listened to many artists like foo fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sum 41 and stuff which I have liked but not been hooked on, when I started listening to more emo music I suddenly got hooked on FFAF! I just thought they were incredible. The songs I found most impressive were nearly all of them but the ones I liked the most in order were: Roses For The Dead, Novella, All The Rage, Alvarez, Bullet Theory, Escape Artists Never Die, Juneau, She Drove Me To Daytime TV, Hospitality, Recovery. Overall I love the individuality of each song and that each song has its own catchy riff which I love. The thing that made me love roses for the dead so much was the intro, I think its so amazing! I don't really like the growling but it's growing on me! I really don't think I could live without this album and casually dressed & in deep conversation. If I don't listen to them I crave their music although over the past week I have been getting into Cradle Of Filth and Lamb Of God Which are both amazing and death metal.