Hours review by Funeral for a Friend

• Released: Jun 13, 2005
Funeral for a Friend: Hours

Before I bought this album I had only heard one FFAF song: roses for the dead and I loved it. FFAF are mostly emo and maybe border heavy rock. On buying this album I love the band. Their songs sound very well constucted. FFAF are a Welsh band so there wasn't much hype about the album. They can be compaired with bigger bands such as Hawthorne Heights or Fall Out Boy who are known the world over.

With the brilliant and meaningful lyrics you can tell what the song is about after only a few words. The lyrics to roses for the dead and history had the biggest impact on me because they are so well sung and thought out. At the age of 13 these lyrics touch even me. Most of the songs are quite long but the lyrics don't seem to be overloaded like say with Green Day I think they put to much content in that you find yorself struggling to follow what Bille Joe is singing.

This is the best CD I have bought since Panic!'s "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out." The most impressive song is History as it combines meaningful lyrics with a tune to fit. If I lost this album I would find myself rushing out to HMV to buy it again. Now after ffaf's second album I can say that they have got me as a fan for life!

A monkey
    Build An Army
    A monkey wrote: the aaron kid is funny. clearly shows he has no idea what hes talking about. poor kid. hes probably another one of those kids who thinks the beatles werent talented regards a monkey
    I agree... He obviously doesn't know anything about the background of the bands genre or about the band itself... Well if he would like to be enlightened then maybe he should look it up, but dont look for "Emo bands with whiney voices"... Perhaps listen to bands such as Saosin for alittle more input into your music collection if you enjoy this genre of music!