The Moon Is Down review by Further Seems Forever

• Released: Mar 27, 2001
Further Seems Forever: The Moon Is Down

First of all, I labeled this album as The Moon Is Down but it is not because they didn't have their latest album listed. Further Seems Forever released a fairwell/greatest hits cd called Hope This Finds You Well. I purchased this cd after hearing about them through a genre referral. Some of the other reviewers gave this band a bad rating for the vocals after Chris Carraba left. Personally I think that the new singer does just as good in his own respect. He has a more powerful and convicting voice instead of the more whiny/punk voice that Chris Carraba had. I gave this section a seven only because some of the songs aren't very impressive on the guitar but the drumming and bass is just fine.

The lyrics changed with the singers when the band switched. When Chris Carraba sang most of the lyrics were love songs, romantic, typical emo lyrics. After the vocalist change the vocals became more poetic and obscure love songs with the occasional emo core touch. The lyrics fit the music nicely and as I mentioned above the guitar is weak but they manage to turn up the intensity enough to fit the harder sounding songs. Both singers have good voices but they differ greatly. I think both are exellent.

Overall I think that this is one of the most prolific bands in the emo genre. Nearly all the songs on the album are good but the top ones are Light Up Ahead (acoustic), Someone You Know, How To Start A Fire, Pictures Of Shorelines, For All We Know. I love the dynamic vocals the best and if I lost it I would buy another one post haste.