G3 Live In Concert [DVD] review by G3

• Released: Oct 29, 2002
  • Content: 6
  • Production Quality: 8
G3: G3 Live In Concert [DVD]

This DVD is a totall shreadfest between some of the most impressive guitarists to date and their sound is incredible. Individually they all have their own sound (all are good) but all together these guys let it rip. Great sound.

Content — 6
This DVD is just the concert, nothing else whitch is pretty disappointing. This is just a live concert of Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Eric Johnson all doing a set, and then performing all together. One of the songs they do together is Hendrix's "Red House" and Eric does an incredible solo. This DVD fails in comparison to the G3 with Vai, Satriani, and Malmstein. Though it just may be I was never a big fan of Eric Johnson.

Production Quality — 8
The quality of the video is average and their are no camera tricks or anything, just the tape of them playing.

I don't think that this DVD compares to some G3s in the past but it is nontheless a good concert. The best thing about the DVD is when they play together and take turns soloing, thats always cool to see. The thing I hate about this DVD is that there is nothing to it, it is just a concert whitch is good and nothing better. Also, Johnson doesn't play nearly as well as Vai and Satriani and when he goes last, after ripping solos by the other two, it fails to impress but Johnson is still a great guitarist, just not my style. If you are more blusey, you may want to go for this G3, but if not go for the one with Malmstein. If the DVD were stolen, I wouldn't buy it again.

udy
    I like them except for Eric unfortunately. His light and strange sound irks me. His to fornally to me and no soul around him. It is my own opinion !!!