Advance To The Fall review by Galneryus

• Released: Mar 28, 2005
Galneryus: Advance To The Fall

Galneryus is first of all from japan. They one of those bands that just goes together. It's symphonic, melodic, and high energy. The general style is metal but each artist stems from a more classical side. On this album I can't think of any song that is repetitive or boring. Each song is good enough to be it's own singe because of the incredible song writing skills. Some of the best songs include: Whisper In The Red Sky, Slient Revelation, Ancient Rage, and Glorious Aggressor. If you get a chance, check them out of youtube. Glorious Aggressor is an instrumental solo by guitarist Syu, and it displays his many talents as well as the keyboardist.

Don`t let them being from japan fool you, the lyrics are in English. Though they may be hard to decifer without lyrics in front of you because the singers accent comes right through. But it adds a nice touch. It's a greast combination between the singers almost operatic voice and the powerful guitar and keyboard. The lyrics themselves seem to be translated from japanese because there will be the odd missing word, but it still works.

I think this smothers any band in this category simply because every song is catchy. You will find yourself humming the last song you heard no matter what one. Unlike Dragonforce and their chugging rhythm power chords, Galneryus offers a great repitoir of inverted chords and harmonies. If I lost this CD I would cry because it cost me 40$ off amazon because they had to import it from japan. But I would deffinatly get it again and probably nother 2 while I'm at it.

janecoffin27
    Why would one even bother comparing Galneryus to Dragonforce? Dragonforce doesn't even come close to the masterful work of Galneryus. The Flag of Punishment is also an incredible album.
    darkgrindgo
    interesting review! now im gonna burn my dragonforce cd's and rock with the japs !! thanx man !!!
    rollerboyz
    Np man yea it was kinda written haphazard cause i was leaving in ten minutes to go to Toronto lol and yea dragonforce was just the other band that came to mind cause i have some cds but galneryus deffinatly owns. I just wish there were more tabs
    mini_ripcord
    From you review, which i must say is excellent, it seems to me that you say that Syu (The Guitarist) is also the keyboardist;
    by guitarist Syu, and it displays his many talents as well as the keyboardist .
    I believe the guy on the keys is Yuhki, who was also from 'Ark Storm', another great Japanese Power Metal/Neo Classical Metal band. Anyway Galneryus is bloody amazing!!!
    Whitetully
    I'm waiting for them to do an international tour, that would be great. I'm so sad because Syu's other band, Animetal did a concert in France in 2006, but I didn't knew Syu at that time. But whatever, Syu and Galneryus are and will always be my favourite guitariste and favourite band !
    windaru
    Dragonforce just doin great at recording not at live performance...but Galneryus doin great both --