Reincarnation review by Galneryus

• Released: Sep 10, 2008
Galneryus: Reincarnation

Galneryus' sound has changed dramatically since Advance to the fall in almost ever way. Their latest album sounds of more a dark and heavy grunge metal that has moved on from its neoclassical roots and grown into a bass hungry monster. It is also duly noted that guitarist Syu has tuned down his guitar much lower than the traditional 1/2 step. Not that his is bad but those who enjoy classic galneryus may have a tough time fitting into this genre. This album, to anyone who has never heard Galneryus may have a heart attack as the music is powerful and melodic especially noted in the song Blast of Hell.

Lyrics notably are sung more in Japanese on this album which in fantastic because they sound good either way but you don't need to know what they are saying to enjoy the music. Yama-B's operatic high ranged voice is complimented by the music in a way that is rarely seen these days. Some may have trouble adjusting to his accent and voice but he truly has a gift for singing. On a sad note he has disbanded from the group as of the end of the tour for this album.

Galneryus is a break from traditional metal that very few people (In North America at least) can share the experience with but perhaps that's what makes them so special. They will always have the Japanese Metal scene as a background for all future endeavors. Stardust has to be my favourite song on this album.

jerrybeansman22
    awesome band. glad to see theyre getting recognition here. my only gripe is the length of the review. theres SO much to be discussed with this album as it is a HUGE step in a much different direction from these guys.
    EyeHatePunks
    Short review, good record great band and an awesome guitarist. Syu hasn't tune lower than e flat but some songs are played on his 7 string signature...
    drawnacrol
    didn't now they had a new album out, listening to some samples on youtube, they have changed direction over the last few years a lot and completely strayed away from the neo-classical style, they always seem to have really bad mixing on their albums though, wonder if this one will be different
    The^Unforgiven
    AsianShredder09
    The^Unforgiven wrote: I like the band in every other aspect but the vocals. I hate the singer. I can't stand to listen to Galneryus because of him!
    Maybe you'll like the new singer, Masatoshi Ono. Also, this band is amazing, I've been a fan since their earlier days, and I can't wait to see what they have in store next.
    nivlarama
    i've been following galneryus for a while now and have to say that i am too saddened for yama-b leaving. however the years they've made albums together was amazing and i just can't get enough of advance to the fall as well as others.
    travislausch
    jerrybeansman22
    travislausch wrote: Before I check them out, does their singer sound like another Gackt-clone? I find all male Japanese rock singers tend to sound like Gackt.
    No way man, Yama-B has a set of pipes that really sets him apart from other Japanese singers. Very unique and really helps define the band
    cloud041089
    syu is an incredible guitarist. he may not be the most versatile, but he amazes me in the way that every single lick and solo he writes is so heartfelt and memorable. a perfect example is the solo for the last track on this cd - so uplifting... he has some sweet riffs as well.
    OMMad
    is yama-b on this album? i thought it was their new vocalist