Land Of The Free II review by Gamma Ray

• Released: Nov 19, 2007
Gamma Ray: Land Of The Free II

Now this is classic Gamma Ray music once again. Completely something else than Majestic (2005). Land Of The Free II was released November 19th 2007 in Europe and is Gamma Ray's latest creation. The music style in the album is heavy/power metal. The guys in GR has really done a great work with this album, which is a continuation of LOTF (released in 1995). Hansen has written most of the songs on this album and has succeeded very well in making it a continuation of LOTF.

The lyrics are sometimes evil, sometimes worldly. One could say that they're classical power metal lyrics. The lyrics fit the music very well. I hope you'll get an opinion of the lyrics with this little piece of them. This is the pre-chorus lyrics of the song "When the World": "So talk to me, the world I see, has reached the point of no return the tons of grief killed my belief, my heaven's on fire and it burns." Hansen, the singer of the band is going strong again. He's doing a very good performance through the whole album. High pitching, mellow voice, shrill voice, melodic, etc. He does it all!

This album sure compares to all older Gamma Ray albums, and also compare to all power metal of its kind. The most impressive songs of this album are Insurrection, which is a equivalence to LOTF's "Rebellion In Dreamland". Also Leaving Hell is an impressive song, because it's "evil" metal. If this album was stolen or if I lost it, I'd definitely go buy the same album again because it's a very good album.

filthylittleboy
    Zaiger wrote: GREATEST BAND KAI HANSEN FOR PRESIDENT!
    OMG OMG OMFG!!! funniest metal quote ever! nicely done! Just bought this album myself, and was checking for a review! great review! I think they copy one of the riffs of majestic on "rain" or something like that (i freaking left the cd in my girlfriends car today, so i cant remember what it's called) i think somewhere after the "where the f*ck is my superman outfit?" line. no? part of it anyhow. I might just review this myself I loved it so much!