Majestic review by Gamma Ray

• Released: Oct 11, 2005
Gamma Ray: Majestic

Majestic is Gamma Ray's latest album and was released in 2005. The musicstyle of this album is metal. But it's not this typical Gamma Ray style with much power in the songs, no, this album is more evil than the other GR albums. Even though it hasn't got the typical Hansen songs on it, it still is good music!

With songtitles as "Hell Is Thy Home" and "Blood Religion", you sure can guess what the lyrics are all about. To a great extent the lyrics tells the listener about supernatural powers and darkness. The singer Kai Hansen's best years are now over and you notice that if you've listened to Gamma Ray's old albums, although Hansen has always sounded a bit shrill, because of his special voice, but now it's getting to an end I think.

This album has got influences from darker metal and not bright and melodic powermetal, as Gamma Ray used to be. But everybody's changes sometime. The album's not of topclass, but with good songs as "My Temple", "Spiritual Dictator" and "Hell Is Thy Home" it sure is worth to buy. If the album was stolen I would definitely buy it again. I'm a great Gamma Ray fan so I'd buy it so I'd have my Gamma Ray collection complete again.

filthylittleboy
    Dude, what are you talking about... This is probably the best power metal album I own... Kai hasn't lost it at all, his new album has a lot of really great vocal lines, and amazing guitar riffing. Not to mention AMAZING solos. The last song, revelation is so epic that I don't even want to write metal music anymore. I'd never compare. this is a totally unfair review
    filthylittleboy
    I wanna say something!! hell is thy home, makes me feel like im there with them playing it. It seems like a song that they love to play cuz it makes them feel younger! haha, just remembered that, and wanted to say something, about my above comment, he is getting older, but he's doing an amazing job! better than priest! hah
    SpaceEater1000
    This album kicks ass!! Epic in every way. Kai is getting older yes, but like you said doing a great job, getting better in my opinion
    SpaceEater1000
    "The singer Kai Hansen's best years are now over and you notice that if you've listened to Gamma Ray's old albums, although Hansen has always sounded a bit shrill, because of his special voice, but now it's getting to an end I think." You are clearly a retard. Hansen is better now than he ever was as a singer, songwriter and guitar player. He is one of the more diverse power metal singers out there, being able to change his voice from hitting the high notes, to singing ballads, to even doing those heavy, almost death metal-like screams.