Power Plant review by Gamma Ray

• Released: Mar 29, 1999
Gamma Ray: Power Plant

Now this is Gamma Ray at its best! This album was released in 1999 and is according to me the most successful Gamma Ray album ever. This album has got everything. Beautiful intro, a pause, and then a mighty refrain, was at this time (1999) Gamma Ray's speciality. This album contains power metal through the whole album. The guys have also written a nice ballad and done covers on "Long Live Rock 'n Roll" and "It's A Sin".

The lyrics are dealing with our universe, dreaming, skies, hell etc. They're also about "he" or "him" an undefined creature that Gamma Ray seems to depend on, because "he" has occured in the lyrics in many of GR's albums. The lyrics fit quite well with the music but it could fit better. The singer Kai Hansen is very good, he has that kind of "evil" voice, almost roaring and that voice fits very well to the music style. And as all the other melodies in power metal they demand high-pitching and have nice harmonies.

This is a good metal album and it has a variety of music styles inside the power metal genre, everything from raw metal with nothing but drums, dist guitars and bass, to melodic "modern" metal with a bit synth and backing "oohs" (choir). The best song in this album is "Gardens Of The Sinner", which is a raw song. "Send me a Sign" is also a very good song, with a more mellow style. If I accidentally would brake this album I'd order a new one the next day, because this album is great!

filthylittleboy
    I can't find this album anywhere, and I'm unable to order from the internet I want it SO DAMN BADLY!
    gorczynskir1
    this is the kind of shit todays kids need to be hearing the guitarwork musicnianship and craft are great not all this downtuned barre chord screaming bullshit a child can play that kai hansen rocks sometimes it makes me wonder kai hansen still in helloween i think he split because he knew it would too fricken awsome our craniums would explode upon the guitar note struck