Blues Alive review by Gary Moore

• Released: Jul 1, 1992
Gary Moore: Blues Alive

First of all I would just like to say I am a huge fan of Gary Moore I think he is fantastic and this album to me really shoes that it has got real classic songs like Story Of The Blues which I love slow and then a fantastic guitar solo to top it off, Oh Pretty Woman is fantastic and parisienne walkways are the ones I like from this album but really they all are. Sound wise this album has great recording the sound quality is great, the music style that is Gary Moore is usually blues or blues/rock but he can go from real upbeat blues to slow saddish rock. This is a mixture but mostly happy and very very relaxing to me music. Sound is fantastic.

Gary Moore, to me is a real fantastic singer he can sing quick upbeat blues or rock or real slow sad stuff, one thing I absolutly love about his lyrics and music is there so full of emotion nearly all songs by him are very good, and the lyrics go so well with the music like if he says something there will be a little talk with the guitar to really give it that real full emotion, he to me and alot of others has a fantastic voice and makes wonderful lyrics they are so relaxing aswell as being very happy, they cater for everyones emotions, happy/sad. Gary has great lyrics and vocals.

My overall impressions of this album are very good indeed it is an essential to me I love it, gary moore compared to some other blues artists I have heard is alot better in my mind I have heard a few but every album is great from him especially this one a great album, now I must recommend some songs you have to listen to even if you never get around to buying the album here are 5 tracks you must listen too. If it were stolen/lost, would you buy it again or get something else? Well there is no doubt in my mind I would get another all in all classic.

jon3782001
    Great review, made me buy the CD and loved every second of it! thanks a lot, reaally shows the emotion as well as skill of Gary Moore's guitar playing
    udy
    I don't deal with Gary's blues. Out in the fields yes I stuck there, ufortunately. In contrast to this he is one of the best players all the world.