Chariot review by Gavin DeGraw

• Released: Jul 22, 2003
Gavin DeGraw: Chariot

Gavin DeGraw's music covers so many styles from soul, jazz and blues to rock. His album Chariot is a carefully crafted blend of all these types of music. I love all the songs on the album Chariot because they are all unique. Gavin also does some cover versions of songs such as "Lets Get It On," "Walking In Memphis" and "Sexual Healing." Gavin has an extremely unique voice that manages to cover a wide range of vocal textures. His latest single "Chariot" portrays a journey through the world of music and is an inspiring and creative song. Gavin found Sam Cooke to be one of his biggest inspirations in the music industry and he showed this by superbly covering one of Sam's tracks on his album Chariot Stripped. I would recommend Chariot to anyone because the versatility in the CD is amazing and it appeals to almost any audience. I have yet to hear a bad review about Chariot.

The lyrics in all of Gavin's songs are very deep and meaningful and serve a great purpose. Gavin is a very skilled songwriter.

This is one of the best albums I have bought. My favourite song from the album is "Chemical Party" which is a very original sounding piece of music. I mostly love the originality of the pieces on the album. There is nothing I dislike about it apart from the fact it could have more songs on it (11 is enough but when they are this good quality then I would love even more). I would have to buy it again if it was stolen or lost.