Chariot review by Gavin DeGraw

• Released: Jul 22, 2003
Gavin DeGraw: Chariot

I can tell that this soul/jazzy pop rock singer songwriter has ways with the melodies. I had never listen to such interesting music in my life. I can tell that this guy can be compared to soul/pop songwriter Daniel Powter too but from this recording, the sounds so unique and seems very ordinary of a man behind the piano.

The Lyrical content of this album is just astounding. Definitely a skilled songwriter. He uses all the elements of features and expressions he feels ranging from earth to the sky in all of his songs. I like Nice To Meet You Anyway and Belief. They have very meaningful Lyrics which everyone can relate to.

He is a talented musician who comprises all elements of jazz and rock and pop and soul into this record. Amazing. However, his songs and chords progression are a bit too common. But then again, with his band, they are able to produce sounds so unique that can only be sang and be filled by Gavin Degraw's heart warming voice. Can't wait for his next album.

adslam3
    amazing album...this guy is wicked talented and has a great voice. he has really really good lyrics too...this album was stolen and i did buy it again. if you understand anything about music, you realize this is an unbelievable album...even if you hate this kind of music you should be able to respect this guy.
    kylebbb
    getting the album for christmas, he is very talented, can't wait.