Chariot Stripped review by Gavin DeGraw

• Released: Jul 27, 2004
Gavin DeGraw: Chariot Stripped

Gavin's music was very relaxing and it sounds like he took his vocal chords and poured it onto the CD. I'm impressed with this because I know that he is very talented and I didn't expect the cd to be this good especally listing to the acostic version. His style is unique and kind of classy. His voice is amazing!

The lyrics were impressive. They actually made sense (most of the time). What I mean by that is that I didn't quite understand the meaning of Chariot or Chemical Party even though they are good songs. I think it would have been more benificial if he could did his lyics a little better but besides that they were good. Once you listen to the songs you will have to listen again and again. The songs were realistic and many pople can relate to them. The lyrics go with his face; they are both beautiful. He put a lot of emotion in his lyrics and maybe some of this stuff did happen to him that's why he's so emotional which I think makes the music sound better.

My favorite song on this albulm is "Just Friends" because it just makes you want to rock and sing along with it.None of the song are boring but he sure can sing you to sleep. I love that he styled this albulm up to what he thought sounded good. I hated that when he's at a good part in the song he slows his singing down which really starts to get annoying. This CD probably can compare to maybe future Ashley Parker Angel's cd and I'm sorry to say but I think Ashley's CD would be better. No offence to Gavin but I love Ashley. If I was to lose this CD I would proably have to go get another one for sure (I'm joking) sike!