Rage review by Gear

Gear: Rage

Gear are crazy alternative rock at it's craziest with rythms that would make you want to rip apart your living room with the sheer adrenaline this album gives you. This is the Manchester qaurtets first EP and contains some of their best work. Songs such as Crackwire and Broken Gnome will keep you content for weeks.

Lyrics on this album are sometimes poeticlly beautiful and other times mind warpingly weird. The mad lyrics fit perfectly with Dan Colagiavanni and Ross Mathesons guitar techniques and softer songs such as Beatbox are harmonized a great deal. Ross Mathesons singing style is, in now a days music, a tad bit eccentric as on the punkier side of this EP he screams the lyrics rather than singing them which for Gear's frantic style is great.

This album is something you have never heard before and you should experience the franticness of gear now! Songs such as Broken Gnome and Aka Butcher show why Pete Shelley, aside from their amazing cover of Ever Fallen In Love?, wanted them to join them on their recent UK tour. I love how this album does not stick to one style throughout the album but instead switches between many styles of guitar playing, drumming, and bass playing. What do I hate about it though you ask well I hate the fact that it only has seven songs but not to threat with an album out this summer this is the band to look out for this year. If I lost this EP I would buy as many copies as I could incase I kept losing it. If I lost it well I would have to hunt that person down and kill them.

mckendry
    This band are amazing, and i totally agree with your review. Rage is probably one of the best EP's i own. I'm really looking forward to hearing more from this band.