Expose Yourself To Kids Review

9.3
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Expose Yourself To Kids Reviewed by: MurderJunkie93, on march 24, 2011

Sound: This is probably GG Allins best EP, it has 3 tracks which all became GG classics and were often played in his setlists, this EP was released in early 1988 and was around the time when he was at his peak. The backing band on this release "The AIDS Brigade" have a great performance and put out some awesome riffs, especially on "I'm a Gypsy Mother*****". This album has a very outlaw rock'n'roll feel as far as the style of music goes. The production, as usual with GG albums isnt that good and is very raw, but it isnt raw to the point where its unlistenable, it gives the music an even more angry feel and suits it well. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are typical GG Allin lyrics: molesting kids, hatred and self description and violence, but there's not many other ways in which we would like our GG songs. The lyrics fit well with the music as it has a rebel outlaw feel to it and they are very i-don't-give-a-crap kind of lyrics. GG puts on a great performance on this record, although this was the time when his voice had began to get more vicious and raw it actually sounded better at this stage, it reflected his lyrics better and suited his style more. It also wasn't really until his last couple of releases in the 90's that his voice began to really deteriorate. Some might say his career was in the bin by this time because he had lost his Ramones type vocal style, but most fans would disagree, his vocal style may have changed a fair bit but it sounded as good as ever. // 8

Overall Impression: This EP packs a lot of punch for a mere 3 tracks. All the songs are awesome but my personal favourite would be "I'm A Gypsy Mother******" as the riffs are just way too cool and really amp me up. The vocals fit in well with everything and the song just sounds really, really good. The only slight negative thing about this is that I think it should have been released onto CD instead of being taken out of print and just included on GG's compilations, the artwork could have also been different as it doesnt't really show you what your in for, it is an average cover and should have been much better. And lastly, The AIDS Brigade worked so well with GG that this should have had at least another couple of tracks or been a full length album. Overall this EP is awesome and one of GG Allin's best releases, I recommend it to anyone into hard rock, punk or GG Allin. I would definitely buy it if I came across an actual copy of the EP. // 10

Comments