Freaks, Faggots, Drunks & Junkies review by GG Allin

• Released: Jan 1, 1988
  • Users' score: 8 (1 vote)
GG Allin: Freaks, Faggots, Drunks & Junkies

This is probably GG's most famous album of his later era when his voice became gravelly. It contains a fair chunk of his live staples such as Die When You Die, Outlaw Scumfuc, and C**t Sucking Cannibal. This album has the typical GG sound..Raw, primitive and violent. While there is a fair few songs on the album not all of them are great, songs such as Wild Riding, My Bloody Mutilation and Family are pretty bad to listen to and should never have been recorded, other than that, the album is a good listen and a classic GG record.

The lyrics cover a lot of topics, all of them being violent, crude, sexual and offensive. GG covers topics such as what he'd do for drug money, abusing women, molesting children, self description and other such delights. The lyrics are of course done in traditional GG Allin style and can be quite funny, yet interesting to listen to. GG has an exteremely raw, savage sound which just really makes an impact, especially in Be My F***ing W****. The hate in his voice along with the evil riffs just really makes it a brutal album.

I thought this album is rather good. Although it is a bit inconsistent and could have a few tracks cut off its worth buying. I would say its one of GG's best. My favourite songs from the album were: Be My F***ing W****: This song is just full of pure hatred and really captures GG's true sound. The main riff is also really cool, and the lyrics can be quite entertaining to listen to. Die When You Die: This is possibly GG's most popular song other than Bit e it You Scum, and its rather obvious, its just a real good, catchy punk song. Although I enjoy a lot of other songs on the album these 2 would be the most memorable for me but when you buy this be aware that your in for much more. I would reccomend this or Hated In The Nation for any new GG Allin fan as they are probably the 2 GG Allin albums which have the most of his live staples and bigger hits on. The thing that brings this album down for me is that theres not as many standout riffs as there is on some of GG's other records. Plus theres too many filler songs like Family etc. Other than that this album is great and should be in any GG Allin fan's CD collection. If it were to be lost or stolen I would replace it.