Close The Distance review by Go Radio

• Released: Sep 18, 2012
Go Radio: Close The Distance

Let me just start off by saying that this an amazing CD. Very underrated band. I think more people need to know these guys. Jason Lancaster's vocals are as great as ever on this release. His highs are amazing. They soar so loudly, I have never seen this type of work when he was with Mayday Parade (not putting them down). Jason does great work with guitar and piano. The piano pieces mixed in with heartfelt lyrics really do the job.

Oh man, where to start. I loved every single song from this album, but I'd have to say my favorite would be, "Over Me". "Now all the hope and all the fear. And everything we built this year. Is breaking down around us now. And falling with your perfect tears. If love could lift us over everything. All we need's a set of wings." These are some of my favorite lines of the song. "Go To Hell" would have to be one of my other favorites. "Go to hell. If you're reading this then I'm not here. Take your someone else. And let me make this crystal clear that. That I don't need your help. And I'm OK by myself. You can go to hell."

What a great album. Many would probably compare them to Jason's old band Mayday Parade, but I'm not gonna do that here. Counting Crows I think is the biggest similarity, and in my opinion, these guys are way better. Vocally, and instrumentally they're pretty similar, but these guys rule. For others... Ehh I guess The Fray, and Matchbox Twenty, but I'm just thinking what comes to mind. Anyways listen to this album if you already haven't. Great album, and great listen.