Close The Distance review by Go Radio

• Released: Sep 18, 2012
Go Radio: Close The Distance

"Close The Distance" is the sophomore release from Florida pop rock band, Go Radio. The band features Jason Lancaster on lead vocals, piano and rhythm guitar, Alex Reed on lead guitar and backing vocals, Matt Burns on bass and backing vocals AND Steven Kopacz on drums. The piano on the album is virtually flawless adding a unique feel to the often overused genre of pop rock. Moreover, the guitar and bass work on the album, although simple at times, fits in perfectly with the rest of the music and lyrics. The drums on the album are clear and concise throughout the album showing a high level of skill and production value of the album.

"I can't seem to find the words I mean so I try to hold my tongue while laying wide awake and restless if you read it, it says go to hell" - proclaims Jason Lancaster in anthem "Go To Hell". This sums up the slickness of the albums lyrics and the variety, with some lyrics leaving you in tears and some making you want to laugh out loud. The lyrics are sang to perfection with Jason's crystal clear vocals. Also the vocals with the lyrics very smoothly fit with the rest of the instrumentation on the album adding a level of sophistication to album not previously heard on the bands debut.

The album is overall very impressive with standout tracks being: "Collide", "Go To Hell" and "Close The Distance". If the band continues to produce music this well executed in the future then they could most definitely be one to watch in the coming years. The only thing stopping this album from being ten out of ten is that a little more variation could be introduced throughout the album, this would add even more enjoyment for listeners and more credibility for the band. Overall, this is a step in the right direction for the Florida pop rock quartet.

YouTube preview picture
YouTube preview picture

Metallidethium
    Definitely a step up from Lucky Street. I've always liked Jason's vocals and anything with a Mayday feel to it will always grab my attention.