IV: Constitution Of Treason review by God Forbid

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
God Forbid: IV: Constitution Of Treason

I don't know where the guy writing the other review got off calling these guys death metal-they're metalcore, straight and simple. And what great metalcore it is! Constitution Of Treason is a fantastic album. I can't decide whether this or Gone Forever is their best release, but you can't go wrong either way. This album, in particular, has a change in Byron Davis' vocals, and seems more melodic. The guitar solos are fantastic, as they have always been.

Byron Davis' new vocals are more pronounced and less throaty, adn they sound fantastic. The lyrics, as always, are amazing. Look at "Crucify Your Beliefs" for a perfect example-"Your ultimate sacrifice is your ultimate sin." Byron Davis' skills as a singer/screamer and a lyricist, in my humble opinion, are unparalled in the metalcore genre.

Constitution Of Treason only compares to Gone Forever, as they are both the greatest metalcore albums I own. I listen to Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Shadows Fall, and Lamb Of God, and both of my God Forbid albums destroy them. Chains Of Humanity, To The Fallen Hero, Crucify Your Beliefs, and the title track are sure to please the fans. If stolen, I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Teh Wheelz
    MetalcoreSucks: Invest in a sarcasm detector. It looks like you could use one.
    GoToSleep
    Metalcore with Thrash and Groove Metal thrown in. End of story, but who the **** cares, they kick ass.
    the_burning_one
    MetalcoreSucks wrote: blommen wrote: Josh Laiho wrote: I don't know where the guy writing the other review got off calling these guys death metal-they're metalcore, straight and simple. Dude, God Forbid is Death Metal, they are also Thrash metal. Alot of the metalcore bands sound the same an God Forbid doesn't sound anything like them, but God forbid and Shadows Fall are both Death Metal, and Alot of the Metalcore bands suck. dude shadows fall is NOT death! where are the growls, the outrageous tempo, tghe songs of death and gore? and don't even start calling them melo death, 'cause they aren't nearly good enough musicians to pull off that kind of music blommen you're are an idiot, apparently you don't know much, you have to ****ing look back in history Shadows Fall used to be Death Metal band when they released Somber Eyes To The Sky in 1997, because that album was extremely brutal. Now Shadows Fall is just ties in modern Thrash Metal/Hard Rock band. God Forbid is Metalcore band with a Thrash Metal/Groove Metal twist. So seriously STFU and go back and listen to your ****ing gay ass music.
    Brutal doesnt mean its death metal. Somber eyes to the sky is not death metal and neither is god forbid. Game over, thanks for playing.
    Guttersniper
    everybody needs to quit caring about what label to give a band, and just listen to the music if u like it, or dont listen if u dont like it why does the label matter??? too many idiots judge whether they should listen to a band or not just based on what label people give them
    Tracerbullet
    The Definition of Metalcore integrates almost all significant Metaldirections. That is the reason why nearly every band can be categorized as metalcore. It is just another absurd term which doesnt describe anything at all.
    Tracerbullet
    I think that nowadays they are more into a pure Thrash and Heavymetal sound. But well see. Next album is coming up...
    Tracerbullet
    ELEMENTS OF METALCORE ARE: HEAVY METAL, THRASH METAL, MELODIC DEATH METAL and HARCORE PUNK. AND YES THERE ARE DEATH METAL ELEMENTS in their tracks. I like the singer but I am not a fan of his detuned growls. That is the reason why 90% of Metalcoreproductions sound like CHILDISH CRAP. The Deathelements destroy just everything.
    relicmusic1990
    God Forbid Is METAL, you ****heads, just Metal, check out interviews on youtube about them, they say metal, and they are METAL
    Josh Laiho
    killeranndy
    God Forbid is a thrash/hardcore band, which means they are a metalcore band that doesn't play the SAME shit in EVERY song
    MetalcoreSucks
    rebofthetemple wrote: God Forbid are NOT metalcore or death metal, they are Gothenburg influenced thrash metal. Listen to Gone Forever or Determination and tell me how that can be metalcore.
    God Forbid is Metalcore with a Thrash Metal/Groove Metal twist, and they are certainly not Death Metal at all.
    blommen
    rebofthetemple
    Scourge441
    What? God Forbid aren't even close to death metal. There's nothing death metal about them. They're metalcore. They may not sound like your typcal metalcore band, but they're metalcore. Listen to a Cannibal Corpse or Deicide album, and tell me how God Forbid even come close to that kind of sound.
    oh... THAT guy
    the only song i have heard from this album is To The Fallen Hero and that one song is pushing me to get it
    DeathThrash007
    I'm not really a big fan of God Forbid, I just hate the singer, and no I'm not being racist or anything. God Forbid found the singer and the pick the singer randomly on the street. God Forbid is more Thrash Metal and semi-Metalcore with Gothenburg Metal touch. The only thing making God Forbid Metalcore and the is that awful singer and the way they band use breakdowns and shit. True most Metalcore blow. And Shadows Fall and Lamb Of God are American Death Metal and Thrash Metal bands, and they are pure ****ing Metal.
    MetalcoreSucks
    farhan_zul wrote: stop all the crap.. god forbid is a POP PUNK band... ****!!
    yea ok they're punk pop, wrong again dumbass, like I said before God Forbid is a Metalcore band that has Thrash Metal/Groove Metal twist.