Awake review by Godsmack

• Released: Oct 31, 2000
Godsmack: Awake

This is the heviest Godsmack album, in my opinion, and I like it. A lot of these songs were written on road, and a couple are re-used old song, so to speak. For their second album, the boys delievered once again.

The lyrics are really dark, and hevy. I think a lot of people can relate to the stories Sully are telling, and that's what he does best. A couple of these lyrics are great, some are not, but you will have to judge for yourself. The music fit the lyrics a lot, and I really mean a lot. Sully's skills as a singer, well, he has a great voice I can't deny that, but since there isn't much singing in this record, there isn't much to say, however he IS actually a great singer, in my opinion, if you listen to "The Other Side" you can hear that clearly.

The best songs on this album, in my opinion, are SIck of my life, Awake, Greed, Bad MAgick, Spiral, and more. I loved Sully's deep and growling vocals, there wasn't really anything I hated maybe a couple of things I didn't really like. If it got lost, I may buy it again. A good album, but not the best, Godsmack can do better.