Awake review by Godsmack

• Released: Oct 31, 2000
Godsmack: Awake

Godsmack is a hard rock band, and I fear to say that they are metal because of all of the softer more deep songs they have. Godsmack has a great sound, and a talented front man, who can sing, play the harmonica, the guitar, and the drums, and their lead guitarist has some amazing riffs, as well as the bassist, not to forget the fast drummer.

In the lyrics of this CD I found personally, besides the in your face lyrics, some intese light-hearted meaning in it. Plus Sully saying "God help me" several times in a row beforee the interlude of Mistakes kind of hints that other that the name GODsmack, there may be some religious connection. But the lyrics and the music allways go greatly together with Godsmack, no different here.

Just as all the other Godsmack albums, excluding the original self titled albulm which sounded a little moree thrash, and garage metal, this albulm is top notch awesome. I think Sick of Life was really intense, and BA, I think Awake was of course hardcore, and the other song I like most was Mistakes, and Spiral was really good too. The thing I like about the CD is how the songs flow into eachother, and also how they don't sound the same, like the songs in some band's CDs do. The only thing I didn't like was that it was a short CD! Sure the CD don't belong to me, but if I lost it (of course after giving my friend the money for it) I'd go pick myself up another copy for sure.