Awake review by Godsmack

• Released: Oct 31, 2000
Godsmack: Awake

Godsmack has changed since releasing the self titled CD and now most of the songs are drop C tuning for guitar which makes the CD and the music sound depper. I loved the fact they had another instrumental song. The sound overall was good and the mixing done was great. The bass or guiatr wasn't overpowering nor were the drums.

The lyrics were very good and most of their songs again were two or three word songs but the lyrics were. Only a few songs had in it but it wasn't screamed out and it was only once in the song. The lyrics matched the song title which helpful. The lead singer has a great hard rock voice so I think that makes the CD.

I do like it mroe than the self titled CD and more than Faceless. I am impressed the amount of guitar solos. I think they have one in almost every song which is a good thing to learn. I loved the instrumental but I didn't like the song after it which was a 49 second song leading up to the song after. I think they could have put that song in the beginning of Spiral. I would buy it again of I lost it.

Smithsc
    shallowbay29006
    Smithsc wrote: This is the CD that really got me into Godsmack, I love it! Vampires is a kickass instrumental!!!!!
    technacly, vampires isn't an instrumental. anyways, i love this CD. Godsmack is one of my favorite bands. Also, this album had great chart success, i mean, look at the song Awake. #1 for 16 weeks